Saturday, 30 November 2013

November Wrap-Up

Firstly, a very big thank you to everyone who has stopped by this month. I love visitors, and really appreciate your comments.

It's been a busy month in the sewing cave. I finished my gorgeous brown stretch linen skirt......., then washed it in the washing machine and had to redo the hem.......... I made 2 pairs of legging for my daughter from stash - unplanned sewing. And I've drawn up the pattern for a tee shirt from my SFD master. This was supposed to be my November MAGAM garment. If I can get it sewn up today, maybe I can squeeze it into my November sewing.

Mostly in the sewing cave this month I've been embellishing dance costumes. These are troupe costumes for the end of year concert, so are made by the costume makers, and the trim is sewn on by the mums. The concert was wonderful. My daughter was in 9 items - so lots of quick changes!

I've also spent many pleasant cuppas mulling over my plan for SWAP. I haven't participated in one before, but I just might this year. The rules are quite flexible this year, and I should be able to sew the wardrobe I need within the rules. I'm hoping to give my Ottobre magazines a workout.

There's also a holiday sewing competition on Pattern Review that I've decided to have a go at. Having a toddler in the house has got me all festive.

3 comments:

  1. You have had a really productive month and sewn some lovely items!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Costume sewing is such fun - and I'll bet your daughter looked lovely - glad you enjoyed her concert.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a very productive and fun month! :)

    Feel free to visit my blog as well! You will find topics such as health, NYC fashion, personal growth and motivation between others! <3

    Diana
    www.ManhattanImageandStyle.com
    New Outfit Idea Post: Soft Torn Tones

    ReplyDelete